A few months ago Hubs and I took a fantastic trip to Jamaica (if you follow on Instagram you’ve seen lots of photos from this vacation). It was amazing but packing for two (because let’s be realistic, my Hubs is hopeless when it comes to packing) for 5 nights and trying to avoid baggage fees was a bit stressful.
Luckily, we had the new American Tourister iLite and Colora which were both perfectly sized for a carry-on, had plenty of room and are super light. We save money by not having to check any baggage and we were able to spend that money on our trip! We love to travel and keeping stress levels low before the trip can be hard but using these tips and our American Tourister luggage helps make packing easy:
1. Put heavy items, like jeans, in the suitcase first. This will help prevent wrinkling of the other items.
2. Plan your daily outfits (including what you’ll wear to bed). Planning ahead will ensure you don’t over-pack!
3. Roll don’t fold! This maximizes space in your luggage.
4. Put toiletries in sealable baggies. If there’s a leak or spill you’re clothes will be save and stay clean. Use a separate compartment for these bags of toiletries or makeup. Our new American Tourister luggage had quite a few options for extra zippered compartments!
5. Bring extra plastic bags. Use these to put dirty clothes in while travelling.
Bonus Tip: If you are packing makeup reach for palettes that have multiple uses or many colors (and separate your makeup by using a plastic bag or a makeup bag, in case of a break or leak).
A new, beautiful piece of luggage would be a great gift for a newly married couple or your jet setting family/friend!
What’s your best tip when travelling and packing for a trip? Comment below and let me know!